We are often asked what a rekey service is, and we will take the time to write a short explanation of what a rekey service is and how it can save you money.
Rekeying is when a locksmith takes the pins out of a lock to make the same lock (or car ignition) work with a new key and the old keys will no longer fit in the lock.
Rekeying can be done to home locks, deadbolts, doorknobs, windows, safes, car doors, trunks, ignitions, glove compartments, office locks, filing cabinets, some smart locks, and more.
Because rekeying is much cheaper than lock change. Sometimes the lock is in good condition, so there is no need to change the lock which is far more costly. So, a rekey service can save you a lot because it is a cheaper alternative to lock change.
If you have a good lock that is in good condition, and you need to change the key for any of the following reasons and more:
• You lost a house key and do not know who may have a copy.
• You just moved in or switched tenants and do not want previous occupants to have a key.
• You had an eviction or fired an employee and for security, need to change the key.
• Your locks use different keys, and you would like one key to open all of them.
• Your car keys were stolen.
• You changed your ignition and now your ignition key no longer matches your door, trunk, and glove compartment.
• You just purchased or leased your commercial space.
There are of course many other scenarios in which rekeying is a great option. Mr. Spare Key is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide you with rekey service. Call us any time and we will be happy to provide you with a price estimate and set up an appointment. We also offer all automotive, commercial, and residential locksmith services. Wait no more, call us 754 273 3292.